Friday 13 April 2012

"I'm sorry, but I can't"


You know what else sucks…when emails and phone calls come in and say “Hey, can you coach track and field again this year?” or “Our testing is starting up again, can you start working again in two weeks?”  And I don’t know what to say.  If this is nothing at all – then I can say “certainly, I’m in”.  But as it stands, I’m not sure what to say.  I don’t want to tell people my situation, and yet, saying no requires some explanations, as they are things I have done many times before, and I’m depended on to continue doing them.  Obviously, if I’m sick, then no one would expect me to coach, or to work at 530 am.  But I’m not ready to tell people I’m sick.

So I’m coming up with a half assed “reasons why I can’t” email.  One that doesn’t lie.  But one that doesn’t exactly tell the whole truth, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment