Thursday 3 May 2012

Responsibility


It isn’t my responsibility to help you deal with me having cancer.  It isn’t.

I have enough to handle.

I’m dealing with me having cancer.

I’m dealing with DP dealing with me having cancer.

I’m dealing with my kids dealing with me having cancer.

I’m dealing with my parents dealing with me having cancer.

I am sorry you are upset.  I really am.  I’m kind of glad too, in a sick and twisted way, as it probably means you care about me. And that you think it sucks I’m going through this.

But I can’t help you deal with this.  I can’t tell you it will all be okay.  I can’t hug you and comfort you and be there for you, and talk about your fears of mortality.  I can’t help you digest this news, and hear you imagine what you would do if this was happening to you.  I just can’t.

I have too much on my plate as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment