Friday 30 March 2012

Dear Doctor...


I write a calm, collected letter to my family doctor saying that I appreciate the efforts being made, but that there has to be something else we can do to get a clue as to what is going on.  A blood test?  A bone scan?  Do I need to go to the states to get a private MRI?  Only one friend knows about this.  So I have small-c read the letter, to make sure I’m not being offensive.

I drop the letter off on Friday as part of errands.  I hand it over with trepidation, as the last thing I want to do is to offend the person who is my primary care physician.

When I get home, there is a message from the doctor’s office.  They have an appointment for me for the MRI.  Of course, due to privacy issues, they can’t even leave the time with me, but at least I know that it has been booked.  So now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment